Christmas Countdown

Sunday 1 August 2010

Christmas in the Kitchen

After receiving this cute ornament in my Christmas swap last week I have decided to think about what sort of theme I can have in my kitchen this year.

I don't have a huge amount of space for decorations but always have some. I normally use silver baubles in vases, a silver star with baubles on ribbon for the door, then some wooden ornaments that hang from the handles on the cupboards.


What I'm really wanting is items that are kitchen based for decor rather than leftover baubles and beads, which is what I use right now (if you know what I mean!).

So I have already picked up a Christmas salt and pepper pot that I think I will just use as decor rather than for actual salt and pepper.

Then i'm thinking maybe using some cookie cutters to hang from the handles - I already have some large ones but I'm sure I remember seeing all sorts of different shapes and sizes in the pound shops or bargain shops we have around here. Of course i'll have to wait for the stock to come out - which is usually after the kids are back at school in September. I should mention I can't afford to be buying lots of new ornaments so I am looking for the cheap or home made options!!

Over the pantry doorway we have a curtain that is mostly just for show (we never close it) and i'm wondering if I can get some material from ebay to make a Christmas curtain. I'm not the best sewer but I could do a curtain if I can find some nice (and cheap) material.

My next step is to browse the net for some ideas, see what I can come up with - of course if you have any suggestions they would be welcome too!

8 comments:

  1. Nice post Pam I love decorating and your ideas are great, my kitchen theme is Gingerbread men/baking I will write a blog about it , thanks for the idea. Keep up the blog I love reading it. Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dawn, I've been a bix lax with this blog recently but I'll be trying to keep up with it now!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about some christmas mugs; christmas kitchen towel, tea towel and paper; hang your christmas apron on the door; Put some transfers on the window; add christmas lights to the top of your cupboards

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the ideas Georgina! I always forget to get Christmas kitchen roll! I think lights would work, Asda do lots of different battery operated ones that would be perfect then I don't have to find extra plugs!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. How Cute! I use cookie cutters and Santa mugs in my kitchen along with lots of fresh greens and white candles.

    Leann

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must admit I do have most of my Christmas mugs in my kitchen all year round - used one this morning with breakfast! I never thought about candles, they always look good.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have just found your fabulous Christmassy blog! I love it here!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete